Thursday 2 May 2013

Bolognaise - French Style !

This is a beautiful little dish, know worldwide. It's delightfully scrumptious. Comforting!

This French style recipe is surprisingly good. I had it a couple of weeks ago and ordered it again today! With a bit of courage I asked the French chef to give me the recipe... To my surprise he was more than willing!

The owner of the restaurant asked it I wanted the chef to show me how to prepare the dish at my place or his... Laughing like no tomorrow, I said the recipe would be enough!

Elbows plumped on stainless steel counter tops we laughed and shared cooking tips. With a scruffy order docket book I took down 'his beauty' - Des Pates Bolognaise!



French Style Bolognaise:

Ingredients -

500 grams minced beef
1 can tomatoes
1 onion
Tsp Provencal herbs
Handful fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
Tbsp white sugar
Tsp salt
Tsp pepper
Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Method -
  1. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a big frying pan.
  2. Add the onions and fry until soft and translucent.
  3. Add the 500 grams of minced beef and fry until completely brown.
  4. Add the can of tomatoes and mix well with the beef mince.
  5. At this stage you can add the Provencal herbs and mix thoroughly.
  6. Finely chop the fresh basil and scatter over the beef mixture.
  7. Mix the beef every now and then.
This goes great with spaghetti or tagliatelle.

Feeds - 4 people

Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and fresh basil leafs.



Also if your feeling cheeky and having a lazy day in the sun, why not add a glass or two of white wine? Chilled of course... ;) 

Bon appetite!

Bella :) x



No comments:

Post a Comment