This French style recipe is surprisingly good. I had it a couple of weeks ago and ordered it again today! With a bit of courage I asked the French chef to give me the recipe... To my surprise he was more than willing!
The owner of the restaurant asked it I wanted the chef to show me how to prepare the dish at my place or his... Laughing like no tomorrow, I said the recipe would be enough!
Elbows plumped on stainless steel counter tops we laughed and shared cooking tips. With a scruffy order docket book I took down 'his beauty' - Des Pates Bolognaise!
French Style Bolognaise:
500 grams minced beef
1 can tomatoes
Tsp Provencal herbs
Handful fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
Tbsp white sugar
Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a big frying pan.
- Add the onions and fry until soft and translucent.
- Add the 500 grams of minced beef and fry until completely brown.
- Add the can of tomatoes and mix well with the beef mince.
- At this stage you can add the Provencal herbs and mix thoroughly.
- Finely chop the fresh basil and scatter over the beef mixture.
- Mix the beef every now and then.
Feeds - 4 people
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and fresh basil leafs.
Also if your feeling cheeky and having a lazy day in the sun, why not add a glass or two of white wine? Chilled of course... ;)
Bella :) x